The MDR provides extensive requirements for clinical investigations compared to the guidelines.
Several articles of the MDR address this matter, particularly articles 62 to 80:
– General requirements for clinical investigations conducted to demonstrate device compliance.
– Informed consent
– Clinical investigations on subjects requiring special attention
– Application process and evaluation by Member States
– Conduct of the clinical investigation
– Electronic system on clinical investigations and other aspects